- Zero hours contract
- 11 an hour
- Are you a caring and resilient character?
- Are you willing to give 110% and go the extra mile for our young people?
- Are you looking for a challenge and ‘long lasting’ and rewarding career?
If you answered YES to all of these questions, then this could be the post for you!
Here at T-Junction we strive to be the best, and want to provide the best services we can for children who come into care through no fault of their own.
We pride ourselves with supporting those who work at T-Junction as we recognise the fundamental importance of doing so in supporting our young people effectively.
T-Junction was set up by Tim Clare (a man who was in care himself) so please be assured that the person who owns the company has come into this sector from a very good place.
The company will not accept low standards and if you are a person who has lots to give and you are able to bring child centred approaches along with a commitment to provide our kids with the stickability they need – then we want to hear from you!
Our young people require nurture, fun, and happiness, and we need people who can offer all of this along with unconditional positive regards despite the challenges which can present along with the many positive and rewarding times we share with them.
See below full JD for this role.
Job description: Casual Residential Support Worker
Responsible to: Registered Manager
To work within a time in order to provide a safe and secure home for young people aged between 6 and 18. Promoting a caring environment which provides children and young people with a high standard of specialised personal care, meeting individual needs and ensuring everyone is treated with respect and dignity and rights to privacy, independence and choice are met.
1. Ensuring a firm, caring, consistent, well ordered environment is maintained at all times.
2. Supervising children and young people before and after the school/college day including meal times and to proactively support/encourage the development of their cooking skills etc.
3. To actively promote and participate in care planning, developing risk assessments, behaviour management and to attend regular team meetings.
4. Accompanying children and young people on recreational activities and demonstrating positive role modelling.
5. Working as part of a team to provide a programme of evening & weekend activities for children and young people and to effectively manage small budgets, in relation to this.
6. Promoting the social and emotional well-being & development of children and young people and to consistently strive to further develop these skills.
7. Liaising with other staff, professionals, parents and carers as necessary and maintaining high levels of professionalism at all times.
8. Undertaking any administrative tasks linked to the care of children and young people e.g. keeping appropriate records, making reports as required by the Home and any regulatory bodies.
9. To maintain a log of all accidents, incidents or physical intervention and to challenge suspected inappropriate practice according to policies and procedures.
10. To participate in case reviews where necessary and to provide support and assistance when difficulties arise.
11. Keeping up to date with the home’s policies and to follow them at all times.
12. To assist in developing strategies in behaviour management and to take a lead role in managing the young person’s challenging behaviour, implementing the strategies agreed.
13. Assisting with the medical and physical needs of children and young people and to ensure that all young people are encouraged to take part at some level, no matter what the ability. Promoting of young people reaching their own targets.
14. Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons that the job holder is responsible for, or comes into contact with and to regularly stay updated in relation to any changes within safeguarding legislation and policy.
15. Ensuring healthcare needs of the children and young people are met, including making appointments and accompanying them and completing written reports following their attendance. To ensure all medical and clinical procedures are carried out safely (undergoing any relevant training to enhance your skills).
16. To report immediately to management any noticeable changes in health, behaviour or circumstances of our children and young people – maintaining their right to privacy and confidentiality.
17. To be a key member of the care team and has the ability to work within a team.
18. To be innovative, creative and flexible, and has an open mind and a willingness to learn.
19. Able to demonstrate empathy, sensitivity, self-awareness and acceptance of others.
1. To participate in annual performance appraisals and undertake relevant staff development.
2. To be responsible for the health and safety of self and others (in accordance with the Home’s Health & Safety Policy).
3. To support education staff with the children and young people’s daily educational needs and to provide a 24 hour learning environment, with vocational activities and also helping with the development of their numeracy and literacy skills.
4. Providing cover in other areas as required.
5. To carry out any other appropriate duties requested by the Registered Manager.
6. To make secure all buildings on leaving the site.
7. To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people responsible for (or come into contact with) in accordance with the home’s Safeguarding Policy & Procedures.
The post holder may be expected to undertake other duties commensurate with the level of responsibility that may be allocated from time to time. The above duties and responsibilities do not include or define all tasks that may be required by the post holder. The duties and responsibilities may vary without changing the general character or the level of responsibility entailed. The company reserves the right to vary duties and responsibilities at any times.
T Junction Children’s services support Equal opportunities in Employment and oppose all form of unlawful discrimination on grounds of colour, race, nationality, gender, ethnic or national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age. You are expected to comply at all times to the T Junction Children’s services Equal Opportunity policy.
Job Type: Zero hours contract
Salary: £10.20-£10.30 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
- Do you have a full clean UK driving license?
- Residential Children’s Home (EBD – Ideally): 1 year (preferred)
- NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care (preferred)